Our complaints policy
We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
Our complaints procedure
If you have a complaint, please contact the Principal who is Wasik Khan at 1 Alcester Road, Moseley Birmingham B13 8AR. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have eight weeks to consider your complaint but we will aim to deal with it in the timescales set out below. If we have to change any of the responsibilities or the timescales set out below we will let you know and explain why.
What will happen next?
- Within 3 working days we will send you a letter acknowledging your complaint and asking you to confirm or explain any details. If it seems appropriate we will suggest a meeting at this stage. We will also let you know the name of the person who will be dealing with your complaint.
- We will then record your complaint in our central register held at 1 Alcester Road, Moseley, Birmingham, B13 8AR and open a file for your complaint.
- We will investigate your complaint by examining the relevant file.
- If appropriate we will then invite you to meet the person handling your complaint to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. We would hope to be in a position to meet with you in this way no longer than 14 working days after first receiving your complaint. If you would prefer not to meet, or if we cannot arrange this within an agreeable timescale, we will write fully to you setting out our views on the situation and any redress that we would feel to be appropriate.
- Within 3 working days of any meeting we will write to you to confirm what took place and any suggestions that we have agreed with you. In appropriate cases we could offer an apology, a reduction of any bill or a repayment in relation to any payment received.
- At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, please let us know. We will then arrange to review our decision. We would generally aim to do this within 10 working days. This will happen in one of the following ways.
- The Complaints Handler will review his own decision within 10 working days or
- We will arrange for someone in the firm who has not been involved in your complaint to review it within 10 working days or
- We will invite you to agree to independent mediation. We will let you know how long this process will take.
- We will let you know the result of the review within 5 working days of the end of the review.
At this time we will write to you confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
- If you are not satisfied with our handling of your complaint, you can contact the Legal Ombudsman to consider the complaint. The Ombudsman may be contacted on 0300 555 0333 (they are open 8.30am to 5.30pm Mon-Fri), or at email@example.com), or by writing to PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ Normally, you will need to bring a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman within six months of receiving a final written response from us about your complaint.
- The Solicitors Regulation Authority can help you if you are concerned about our behaviour. This could be for things like dishonesty, taking or losing your money or treating you unfairly because of your age, a disability or other characteristic. You can raise your concerns with the Solicitors Regulation Authority, www.sra.org.uk, Postal address, Solicitors Regulation Authority, The Cube, 199 Wharfside Street, Birmingham B1 1RN, Telephone, 0370 606 2555 for international calls +44(0)121 3296800.